I have spent quite a few days with the lovely folks at Jealous Printmaking in Shoreditch over the last two weeks, comparing papers, inks and tests for a set of Butterfly Skull Prints.
After Showing the original butterfly pieces, and getting a really great response to them, the one bit of feedback that I have consistently gotten is that people would be interested in having these as prints. I must say that process of getting a really great print done is more complicated then I expected, especially while trying to recreate the 3D quality of the original pieces as well as to show the amazing sheen and colours of the butterfly wings. It was a challenge but we did get there in the end with the help from the guys at Jealous Studios who were fantastic. I ended up using Hahnemuhle paper, which really brings out the deep rich darks, and archival light fast inks.
I am happy to say that we are pretty much there and I am incredibly happy with the end result. I will have my web shop open soon and the first three A3 prints ready very soon!